News and Announcements
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance - helps qualifying patients without prescription drug coverage get the medicines they need through the program that is right for them. Many will get their medications free or nearly free.
- Coast2Coast Rx Card - allows all county residents, regardless of income, age, or health status to participate in a program which has saved cardholders an average of 38% on the cost of prescriptions compared with regular wholesale drug prices. The Rx card is available free of charge and can be used at all pharmacy chains and most independent pharmacies in Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties.
- California Health Advocates - Source for California Medicare Information
- Presumptive Eligibility and FamPACT - English Spanish
- Benefit Resource for Hearing and Ophthalmology Services
Community Benefit Resources
- Santa Cruz County Network of Care Web Site - A comprehensive, Internet-based resource guide for the elderly, people with disabilities, people in need of Behavioral Health services, as well as their caregivers and service providers.
- Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program (HICAP) - provides free, confidential, unbiased Medicare counseling for the community. Call 831-462-5510 or 831-637-0630
Web Resources and Publications
Did you know there is a program that provides discounted prescription medicines? The Medicine Program
Please note: "The Medicine Program" is not affiliated with the County of Santa Cruz Health Services Agency and is provided here for informational purposes only.